PEROXILL 2000® is a white, water-soluble powder suitable for decontamination and simultaneous detergency and for fast, safe high-level disinfection (COLD CHEMICAL STERILISATION) of medical and surgical devices in dentistry, hospital and healthcare applications (podology). When dispersed in running lukewarm water, the powder reaches a chemical and physical equilibrium (see following reaction diagram) that leads to the formation of the active ingredient with high germicidal capacity "Peracetic Acid" (PAA) or Active Oxygen.
This active ingredient is an organic peroxide and as such is thermodynamically unstable. Its stability in aqueous solution depends on various factors:
• increase in pH
• increase in temperature
• presence of metal ions
• degree of impurity of raw materials
All these factors have been taken into consideration in the formulation of PEROXILL 2000® in order to obtain the best possible condition of stability and therefore the greatest guarantee of efficacy during use.
THE FORMULATION IS CURRENTLY THE ONLY POWDER-FORM SYSTEM FOR RAPID, SAFE DISINFECTION OF MEDICAL INSTRUMENTS.
The main characteristics of commercially-available products are:
• powder-form product safe for transport and stable during storage;
• ease of use (activated by dispersing in lukewarm tap water);
• no damage to instruments;
• rapid, effective sporicidal, tubercolicidal, virucidal (HIV, HCV, HBV), fungicidal and bactericidal action;
• active agent – 0.26% peracetic acid;
• shelf life 24 months;
• guaranteed effectiveness of solution 24 hours.
100 g of powder contains:
- Active ingredients: Sodium Perborate > 40,00 g
- Active ingredients: TAED (Tetraacetylethylenediamine) >20,00 g
Excipients: Organic acid, anionic surfactant, stabiliser and corrosion inhibitor q.s. to 100.00 g.